Well Described Issues
The more details, the better. Provide a detailed description including the steps required to reproduce your issue. Please don’t be vague: “My photo is missing” or “it was working and now it’s not” will make it difficult for us to help you. Elaborate descriptions and screenshots, on the other hand, will get your issue resolved fast.
Not everyone is up-to-date on their server set-ups or conform to the current standards. If that’s the case with your hosting provider, then, unfortunately, there’s only so much we can do to assist you. Your best options are to 1) work it out through your hosting provider or 2) switch hosting providers.
If you discover errors in our software, please let us know! We want to fix them. If you despise bugs as much as we do, help us combat them. Be vigilant. When you notice something isn't right, report it right away. Provide as many details as possible. Help stamp out bugs before they take over!
Incompatibility With Other Extensions
Sometimes, it’s our fault, but, well, sometimes it’s just not. When other extensions get into our code, there’s a strong possibility of something getting broken. No promises, but we will do our best to help you at least identify the source of the problem. The rest will be up to you and the guilty party.
Some things are good to be nostalgic about, some things are not. Things change rapidly in general and, in this industry, changes occur almost while products are being released. So, if you’re still running IE6 or Joomla! 1.5, get with the times! Step into this decade: upgrade everything to supported versions.
We understand that all of our clients are unique and sometimes minor adjustments are needed to take our product from good to fabulous for your specific needs. Give us a shout and let us know specifically what you need. If you’re only talking about minor customizations, we’ll be happy to help you out. For larger customizations, please hire a professional developer.
If you have keen intuition on the next amazing feature, please share it with us. We can’t promise we will implement it. You may too ahead of the times or maybe we believe the masses just won’t catch onto the brilliance of your idea. Rest assured, we appreciate your efforts and interest in helping us make our products better.
Major Site Overhaul
Sometimes, even when we've given it all we've got, you simply need more. We don’t want to let you down, but we must focus on the needs of the many, so we may not be able to accommodate you. Please don’t hold it against us.
Languages other than English
In order to keep a uniform look on our forum, support is provided in English only. Lots of people search the forum to find solutions so the language needs to be English. If English is not your best language, try Google Translate. It's quick and easy to use.
Please, note that in some cases we may ask you to provide your site backend access credentials, in order to further investigate reported issue and provide possible fix. We do understand that your site may contain sensitive and confidential user data or you're obligated to not share access with anyone (due to personal data protection policy). Nevertheless lack of access may decrease level of support as without it, issue can't be properly examined thus no reliable support can be provided.ACCESS PUBLIC FORUM SUPPORT NOW
We understand that all of our clients are unique. All of their sites are unique and all of their users are unique too. Sometimes, we’re asked to make a few minor adjustments to our products so that they completely match a site’s unique needs. Usually, we’re happy to make those tweaks. However, there are times when those requests overcome our support capacity. Those are the kinds of asks that aren't minor tweaks. They require hours of additional work — and that’s more than we can supply.
What we can support:
- Simple CSS tweaks - If you have problems with colors, backgrounds or borders, or if HTML elements overlap the menu dropdowns, for example, we can help.
- Fast code adjustments - A quick code example to show what you need to change to achieve minor customization, HTML element removal or a layout position change is fine.
- Minimal changes to core files - Although this is not recommended and has proven many times to be very bad practice, we will assist with very minimal core code changes.
What we won't support:
- Layout overhauls and making your site pixel-perfect - If the component works fine but you're not satisfied with the overall look and feel, you’ll need to hire a professional designer to customize the layout.
- Changing the current functionality - iJoomla products are delivered as they are. All of its functions have been tested to work in common Joomla environments.
- Adding new functionality - No matter how trivial, adding anything to the current base always requires time.
- Moving HTML elements - Moving HTML elements in the layout is really not as easy as it sounds. What you’d think would be a ten-minute fix is more likely to be a ten-hour all-nighter. We’d really rather not.
- You have installed iJoomla product on a localhost or a non commercial hosting service
- Domains that are not listed in your supported domains.
- Everything else that is not specifically mentioned in the "what can we support" list.
That doesn’t mean you can’t do all of these things. You’ll just have to hire a developer or designer to help you.
A request for our users
When it comes to customization, we beg you to have patience. We can’t deliver the same response time for customization as we can for actual support requests. We will however, attend to your question sooner rather than later and we’ll either give you customization tips or advise you how to proceed further.
We recognize the need of testing before implementing on live sites. However, we will only provide support for domains registered under 'my account'. If you wish to receive support for dev/test site, please use the domain name of the live site and put the test site copy in /dev folder (for example : mysite.com/dev/) or use a subdomain (for example : dev.mysite.com).
Yes, you can. However, we only provide support on the domain you register with us.
iJoomla is so confident in the quality of our products and support that we are willing to offer you a 14-day money back guarantee.
iJoomla can guarantee the following:
- Our products will work as described.
- Our products will include all of the features as described in our feature list.
- We will support every customer to the fullest extent possible.
Products referenced herein come with a 14-day money back guarantee, some restrictions apply, please read this policy in its entirety.
The 14-day money back guarantee applies ONLY to new purchases and not to renewals and upgrades. We do not issue refunds for renewals and upgrades.
If you encounter any unfix-able issues that cannot be resolved by us or if our software does not have any features that we advertise in the features list, we will refund your money WITHIN 14 days after your purchase. Any refund requests made AFTER the 14 day period will NOT be considered for a refund.
All requests for refund MUST be posted on our Support Forum within the refund period.
We do not issue refunds under the following circumstances:
- Your client didn't go for it
- You've changed your mind
- You've decided that purchased product is "Not what I need"
- You've decided to stop using Joomla
- Your server does not meet minimum system requirements
- You don't have the time to implement iJoomla products on your site
- Any of iJoomla product features do not meet your expectations or feature is designed to work in a different way than you expected it to work.
- You've found a different solution
- You made some customizations and modifications and now iJoomla product isn't working
- Product purchase error if the product was downloaded
- Your purchase is older than 14 days (no exceptions)
- You are testing / using on a localhost and cannot get it to work.
- You experience script conflicts with other 3rd party software connected to or installed on your Joomla website (Templates, Components, Modules, and Plugins).
- No refund for packages.
- Translation made by third-party is not working.
It is impossible for us to test our software on every server platform and every server configuration it may encounter. Therefore, if the iJoomla Support Staff is unable to get our software up and running on your server within the first 14 days after purchase, iJoomla will happily give you a refund. You will need to provide us with full access to your FTP, MySQL, and Joomla Admin consoles in order for us to fully debug and install the software. If you cannot provide us this access in a timely and cooperative manner, then we will not be able to give you a refund.
The Buyer understands that access to the support forum, downloads, and terminates when the refund is processed.
A refund is only issued to the same email address & account that was used originally to make the purchase. Refunds are usually processed within 7 days.
Yes, as of September 30, 2010, all of our extensions are released under the GPL license. Please read our licensing page for more information.
If you wish to buy more than one extension, you can buy a bundle for a discount. You can save $40-$150 when you buy a bundle.
As soon as you purchase it, you’ll be redirected to your downloads page where you can instantly download your extension. You will not have to wait for us to approve your payment or wait for an e-mail from us. In some cases the license will not be added automatically because of a technical problem with PayPal. In this case, drop us an email and we will add it manually to your account.
You can download the latest version at any time by going to "My Downloads" page.
Yes, the code is open and you can make any changes you want. Please note, we do not support modified code. If you know what you’re doing, go for it.
Right after your payment is received, you’ll be taken to the download page and you should see your license there. If, for some reason, you’re not taken there, please login to our site. On the bottom menu, you’ll see a link to “My Account/Downloads.” Click on it and enter your domain to download the extension. You can also click here to access the downloads page. If you still can’t see your license, please wait five minutes and refresh the page. And if you still can’t see it, please contact us.
You may have more than one user account with us and you’re using the wrong one to login. You need to log in with the correct user name. If you don’t know what it is, try to remember which E-Mail address you used when purchasing an extension and use our “Forgot Password” page to retrieve both your username and password. If you still can’t see your license, please contact us via our Support Forum.