iJoomla Extensions

The easiest way to get paid subscriptions on your Joomla site!

MediaPass for Joomla!

MediaPass for Joomla!

Ever since the first days of iJoomla, right back when we came out with iJoomla Magazine, people have been asking me if we had a solution to enable paid subscriptions. We didn’t. I’d always hoped that someone else would come up with something and while a few extensions were created over the years to provide a solution, I just couldn’t get excited about any of them.

A couple of months ago though, MediaPass asked me to create a Joomla integration for their product. Their home page promises to add a subscription feature, just like the big publications use, within minutes. I was impressed! So I agreed, got to work, and… two months later, we have MediaPass for Joomla — an easy subscription service for Joomla sites.

Video: what is MediaPass for Joomla?


MediaPass take on all the tricky stuff. They handle the payments through their secure server and they deal with the customer service. All you have to do is install the extension we’ve created and choose your pricing plans. You get a check each month with your profits. MediaPass keeps 35 percent of the subscription fee for doing all the processing work and you keep the remaining 65 percent. That’s a fair deal in my opinion considering all the work that they do.

I don’t know of any other solution that’s so easy to implement, especially with our MediaPass for Joomla extension. I certainly can’t think of one so full of great new features such as the ability to add MediaPass automatically to articles.

So how does it work?

Once MediaPass is activated on the page, visitors are presented with the subscription box instead of the content. If they want to keep reading, they have to purchase a subscription. Very simple and very effective.

You can show the subscription box in two ways:

In Page

The subscription box appears right inside the page (view demo)

Page Overlay

The subscription box covers the entire window (view demo)

Here are some of MediaPass’s main features:

And it even works for video too!

Create an instant teaser by showing the MediaPass subscription box after a few seconds of your video. To see the rest of the video, viewers have to pay for a subscription. Just add the MediaPass video code and decide how much of the film you need to show to land paid subscriptions. Easy!

View the video overlay demo here >>

And the best feature of all? MediaPass for Joomla is FREE!

Screen shots:

The MediaPass subscription box will replace your content

The MediaPass subscription box will replace your content

Choose which categories to include automatically

Choose which categories to include automatically

MediaPass for Joomla! Settings

MediaPass for Joomla! Settings

Download MediaPass for Joomla now!


Merav Knafo is the founder and CEO of iJoomla, Inc. She loves writing about Joomla, usability and Social Networking.

Leave a comment