The latest version of Ad Agency , the ultimate advertising extension for Joomla! is already out, and we’ve made some massive improvements to both the back-end and the front-end.
- Choose just one zone for packages . Display more benefits and features in your packages list.
- Greater ad flexibility . Choose which ad types are supported by each zone.
- Define your banners. Specify the banner size shown in the zone.
- Automatic zoning . No need to manually assign a zone to a banner or ad. Banners now show automatically for each zone based on format and size.
Here’s a video that explains the changes to the back-end:
- More details on packages. Now you can see for each package: which ads are supported, whether the ads rotate or not, size supported, how many ad slots are available.
- Improved controls. New icons and more actions make for a more user-friendly advertiser control panel.
- New buttons for easier navigation. New “cancel” or “back” buttons on all pages allow advertisers to track back without surfing away.
- New “home” icon. Take your advertisers straight to cpanel.
- Modified ads are marked as “pending”. Now when the advertiser makes any change to the ad, it will change the status of the ad to “pending”, unless of course, ads are approved automatically for this advertiser or globally.
Here’s a video that explains the front-end changes:
We’ve also made it much easier for advertisers to create their text ads. Now you can align the image to the left or right and not just at the top. You can choose to wrap the text around the image. You can set your own the image size. And you can enjoy an accurate ad preview.
It’s never been easier to manage the ads on your site.
How to upgrade:
Since the architecture of Ad Agency 2.0 differs significantly from the older versions, we’ve create a wizard to help you upgrade. During this wizard you will be asked to:
- Select the ad type and size for each zone;
- Select the zone for each package;
- Select the ads for each campaign.
Here’s a video that explains the upgrade process.
I do hope you like these new changes. If you can think of anything we left out, we welcome feedback and suggestions for new features on our forum.